Friday, November 11, 2016

Struggle with depression told through inspirational poetry





Elizabeth Onyeabor's raw emotion and honest account of her struggle with depression 
and her journey out of the shadows is reminiscent of Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar 
~ Barbara Bras, #1 Bestselling Author
Having struggled with undiagnosed depression since my teenage years, I hit the darkest period in my early fifties when suicide often seemed the only solution to salve my pain. I was what you may call a high-functioning depressive. In spite of my outward achievements, unless you were a confidante in my innermost circle, you had no idea the inner intense sadness, despair, emptiness, and self-loathing haunting me. 

Through my quest to fill the void, I dove deeply into the dark abyss and discovered a little light. Polishing through periodic practice, it began to shine more brightly. Over time, I was transformed and healed. That light had been inside me the whole time, but depression had darkened it to indiscernible.

PO Box 1223, Conifer, CO 80433

Unsubscribe 




No comments:

Post a Comment