Skip to main content

You Can Succeed Like These Authors!

Hello reading and writing friends. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Let’s look at 2010 as the year to grow, succeed and prosper. You can make that happen if you believe in yourself. Do you? If you don’t, then go to the mirror right now and say, “I believe in myself. I know I can succeed. I know I can make 2010 the year to prosper.” Do that every day. Put a goal on a piece of paper and sign it. I want you to put the paper in a place you will see every day…on your computer…mirror…beside your bed. I want you to affirm that you are worthy and that you can do this and reach your goal(s).

I am happy to report that 2010 is going to be a good year for me. If you are honest, friendly, trustworthy and willing to help others, it will come back to you. Do you believe that? You should.

I am a firm believer that whatever goes around, comes around. I know that's a cliché, but it really is true. You need to be good to others and it will come back to you.

Since I started my Editing and Virtual Assistant service, I have met some wonderful authors/writers. Let me tell you a bit about each one.

Teresa Burrell is the author of a mystery/suspense book, The Advocate.

Teresa Burrell has dedicated her life to helping children and their families in both the courtroom and the classroom.

As an attorney in San Diego, Burrell maintained a private law practice for twelve years, which specialized in domestic, criminal, and civil cases. Her work in juvenile court focused on representing abused minors and juvenile delinquents. Burrell has received several awards and special recognition from the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program for her countless hours of pro bono work with children and their families.

Burrell has also enjoyed a satisfying career as a teacher. She has taught children of all ages with diverse backgrounds and special needs. After creating an after-school program that kept kids off the street, she received a community service award.

Now in semi-retirement in California, Burrell continues to educate groups about social issues impacting children and write novels, many of which are inspired by actual legal cases.

Her book is much like what she went through as a lawyer in the juvenile court system. Her readers say that you can’t put the book down. That’s the kind of book that I like. Pick it up today and see for yourself. It’s in all major bookstores.

Dr. Barbara Becker Holstein, a positive psychologist for women, and author of a preteens book, The Truth (www.thetruthforgirls.com. I recommend it for the young girl in your life. Denise Cassino of Wizardly Web Designs, coordinated an Amazon book launch for The Truth, and the book reached a ranking of #4 on Amazon.com. Barbara's book has continued to do extremely well. In fact, it sold out and Dr. Holstein had to rush to do a second printing of the book. This is now available on Amazon and elsewhere. Dr. Holstein took the opportunity in reprinting to make some very subtle changes to The Truth, based on feedback from her 'fans'. What's next on the agenda? Actually, the second book in The Truth series, which is scheduled to be released in February of 2010. Stay tuned

J.M. Cornwell is author of romance novel, Past Imperfect. Devastated by love and nearly killed in a car crash, Lynn Sanderson disappeared, returning five years later with a new name, a new face, and a plan… Buy it today and find out what happens. It’s a great book and one you won’t be able to put down. Visit her blog.

Linda Ballou is a travel writer and author of Wai-nani High Chiefess of Hawaii, Her Epic Journey. It’s filled with rich and colorful history of Hawaii and its people, and the unique role Wai-nani played.
Linda has written many articles surrounding her trips throughout the country. You can get a free report, How To Make Travel Writing Work For You, on her home page, when you sign up.

Please subscribe to my blog to keep track of what’s going on with my client authors and me. I hope to enlighten you and keep encouraging you to reach for your goals in 2010.

Remember, these authors took the chance to change their lives and you can too.
“I will be a success.” "I do believe in myself.” “I am a good person.” Now say it and believe it.

Linda
Editor/Virtual Assistant
www.lindabarnett-johnson.com

Comments

  1. Thank you Linda for the kind words and for your positive attitude. This is going to be the best year ever!

    Teresa Burrell
    http://www.teresaburrell.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On Writing Chase Scenes

By Carolyn Howard-Johnson Author of  The Frugal Editor,  the winning-est  in her award-winning HowToDoItFrugally Series of books for writers This article is excerpted from some editing I did for a writer of experimental fiction when I was on a Greater Los Angeles Writers Society panel writer of any genre can apply these suggestions to the chase, getaway, or high action scene in your script or manuscript before you send it to an agent or publisher or, better still, while you are writing the first draft.  Sometimes even the most fascinating, interesting and irresistible  detail can slow down the forward movement of your story. So as much as writers are told that detail is important, purge as much as you can from your action scenes and put it somewhere else or dribble it into narrative in other places in your manuscript. In the process, ask yourself if your reader really needs to know the color of the protagonist’s eyes. As important as detail is, some is better left to t

Ampersands: Pretty Is as Pretty Does

   By Carolyn Howard-Johnson Author of the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally Series of books for writers   Have you noticed how ampersands turn to gibberish when they are entered into some blog services like Google's blogpsot.com? That is only the beginning of problems ampersands cause for editors, and publishers of all kinds. Many of the difficulties they cause go unnoticed except by the publishing pros we would all like to impress like agents, librarians, bookstore event directors, and the acquisition editors at Knopf!    That's why I added a new section to the second edition of the winningest book in my #HowToDoItFrugally Series of books for writers,  The Frugal Editor . Because ampersands seem to be so popular these days, it's especially important for editors and authors who publish books to know a little about their history, how to use them, and how gatekeepers and readers of Lynn Truss's famous zero-tolerance a

MARGARET FIELAND INTERVIEW (guest blogger)

When did you first know you were destined to be a writer? LOL, I never realized I was destined to be a writer -- I fell into it. I'd written poetry for years, collecting it in notebooks stacked in my attic when I wrote one I wanted to keep. This led me to several online sites and ultimately to discovering the Muse Online Writers Conference where I hooked up with Linda Barnett Johnson and joined her writers forums. She required everyone to write both fiction and poetry, so, with much trepidation, I started writing fiction. Then I got hooked on it, wrote a chapter book, took the ICL course and actually learned how to write it. Then in 2010, I was seized by a desire to write a sci fi novel, so I spent six weeks or so on world building, mostly, with a bit of plotting thrown in for good measure. Who would you cite as your influences? I'm a way-back sci-fi fan, and Robert A. Heinlein influenced me heavily. I took a lot away from his writing, notably the value of surpris