Skip to main content

ROMANCING THE VINES by author, CATHERINE MACDONALD BOOK TOUR

ROMANCING THE VINES
By
Catherine MacDonald


Francesca Bernard is a vintner in the Sonoma Valley who just can't seem to perfect her wine, her finances, and her love life. She finds herself torn between the man she lives with and the man she loves. A letter arrives from a long-lost cousin encouraging her to travel to Italy to uncover the secret to her wine and her heart. Tension is tight around the vineyard, so she leaps at the chance. Once in Italy, her cousin notices Francesca's torment and convinces her to visit the local seer, who is known to help lost souls. The old woman propels her back through time on a heart-pounding quest where she visits three lives where her survival was in jeopardy. Armed with the secrets and truths, she finally understands how the love, lust, and revenge they have endured for centuries holds the answers to her present survival.

Magna gathered Francesca's hand into her own cool gnarled ones and stroked them lightly. "Listen dearie. No one is allowing you to remain innocent and stuck on the wheel of life and death for eternity, but yourself. Even though the mind forgets, the soul remembers. Hopefully by examining these lifetimes you will understand the truth. You are responsible for the life you have—no one else."

INTERVIEW:


1. Give us a brief synopsis of your latest work.   Romancing the Vines is the sequel to Season of the Vineyard. It completes the saga of Francesca, Enrico, and Giancarlo. Francesca is a vintner who just can't seem to perfect her wine, her finances, and her love life. On a visit to Italy, Francesca is propelled back through time on a heart-pounding quest where she visits three lives in which her survival was in jeopardy. Armed with the secrets and truths, Francesca finally understands who the love, lust, and revenge the three of them have endured for centuries hold the answers to her present survival.

2. What got you into writing? As a former school teacher and English major, I've always loved the written word. I'm one of those people who continually have her head stuck in a book or my Kindle. I started writing when I was a child, but it never took off until my own children were older and I had the "room of my own".

3. What genres do you like to read and write? I like to read juicy novels with characters I'd like to sit down and chat with. I enjoy writing historical fiction, contemporary fiction, and spiritual fiction. When the story idea appears in my mind, it's my job to chip away to find the story. Sometimes it takes awhile to flush out the characters and plot.

4. What is your process for developing characters? Do you people watch and base characters off of what you see? Or are your characters complete figments of your imagination? I love people watching. It's where I find some of my best characters. Sometimes I create a character like I would a recipe—a little bit of this and a little bit of that, stir it together, and look at what you've created.

5.  Do you have any works in mind that you've not yet written? If so, what are they? I have an entire drawer full of notebooks containing sketches of stories. Currently, I am working on a novel set in 1923 in the era of speakeasies, the mob, and illegal alcohol.

6.  What inspired you to write your most recent story? I had readers ask for the sequel for Seasons of the Vineyard, so I wrote Romancing the Vines. The current story I'm working on came from research during Prohibition in my city. Did you know Reno was one of the wettest cities during Prohibition and it was controlled by a mob? No, well I didn't either until I started my research.

7.  Where can potential readers find your work? I am on Amazon in paperback and Kindle formats. You can visit my website for links: www.supernovel.com
8.  Where can readers connect with you socially online? My website and blog: www.supernovel.com  There you will find links to twitter and facebook.

BIO:

Catherine MacDonald writes about vibrant, brave, strong, and hardy women. Growing up in Sacramento, California her library card was her passport, and the books she read were her adventures.
Always fascinated by the written word, after college Catherine took her keen love of books to the classroom for twenty-five years.
Catherine uses her dreams, visions, and experiences to create her multi-layered themes of love, relationships, and spirituality.
She is the proud mother of two grown children (and son-in-law) and nana to three wonderful grandchildren.
She lives in a cozy house filled with books, Lulu the labradoodle, and her husband Paul. She invites you to read her books and enter her characters' lives.


Thank you Catherine for doing the interview and letting my readers know more about you and your works. You are a pleasure to work with and love your books. 

If you are interested in having Catherine MacDonald on your blog, please let me know. Also, you can read more of her strong female characters in all her books on www.supernovel.com  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Writing Chase Scenes

By Carolyn Howard-Johnson Author of  The Frugal Editor,  the winning-est  in her award-winning HowToDoItFrugally Series of books for writers This article is excerpted from some editing I did for a writer of experimental fiction when I was on a Greater Los Angeles Writers Society panel writer of any genre can apply these suggestions to the chase, getaway, or high action scene in your script or manuscript before you send it to an agent or publisher or, better still, while you are writing the first draft.  Sometimes even the most fascinating, interesting and irresistible  detail can slow down the forward movement of your story. So as much as writers are told that detail is important, purge as much as you can from your action scenes and put it somewhere else or dribble it into narrative in other places in your manuscript. In the process, ask yourself if your reader really needs to know the color of the protagonist’s eyes. As important as detail is, some is better left to t

Ampersands: Pretty Is as Pretty Does

   By Carolyn Howard-Johnson Author of the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally Series of books for writers   Have you noticed how ampersands turn to gibberish when they are entered into some blog services like Google's blogpsot.com? That is only the beginning of problems ampersands cause for editors, and publishers of all kinds. Many of the difficulties they cause go unnoticed except by the publishing pros we would all like to impress like agents, librarians, bookstore event directors, and the acquisition editors at Knopf!    That's why I added a new section to the second edition of the winningest book in my #HowToDoItFrugally Series of books for writers,  The Frugal Editor . Because ampersands seem to be so popular these days, it's especially important for editors and authors who publish books to know a little about their history, how to use them, and how gatekeepers and readers of Lynn Truss's famous zero-tolerance a

MARGARET FIELAND INTERVIEW (guest blogger)

When did you first know you were destined to be a writer? LOL, I never realized I was destined to be a writer -- I fell into it. I'd written poetry for years, collecting it in notebooks stacked in my attic when I wrote one I wanted to keep. This led me to several online sites and ultimately to discovering the Muse Online Writers Conference where I hooked up with Linda Barnett Johnson and joined her writers forums. She required everyone to write both fiction and poetry, so, with much trepidation, I started writing fiction. Then I got hooked on it, wrote a chapter book, took the ICL course and actually learned how to write it. Then in 2010, I was seized by a desire to write a sci fi novel, so I spent six weeks or so on world building, mostly, with a bit of plotting thrown in for good measure. Who would you cite as your influences? I'm a way-back sci-fi fan, and Robert A. Heinlein influenced me heavily. I took a lot away from his writing, notably the value of surpris